- Group Engineering, Consulting and Technological Services companies, promoting the spirit of solidarity and collaboration between them, and their technical, management and management professional capacity.
- Represent the members of the Association before the Organisms, Entities and Institutions, Centers and public or private Dependencies in whatever matters are of interest to them and so request.
- Intervene in labor relations, contributing in parallel to the unions to the defense and promotion of their own economic and social interests.
- Support the promotion and image of Spanish Engineering, Consulting and Technological Services at home and abroad, assuming, before the administration, the representation of the Export Sector Agreement with the participation and initiative of companies and associations interested in the outside market.
- Support the representation, promotion and defense of the common interests of its members, both inside and outside of Spain.
- Encourage the professional development of companies to be carried out in the light of maximum respect for environmental balance, adopting as many initiatives as necessary to achieve maximum utility for its members, the economy and society in general, within the framework of authentic development sustainable.
- Offer to the clients of the associated companies and, in general, to third parties, the ethical and technical guarantees inherent to their status as a member of the Association, in accordance with the Code of Ethics of the same.
- Express the collective point of view of the associated companies on issues of general or particular interest to the sector.
The purpose of TECNIBERIA is to unite the voices of Spanish engineering, to promote, on the one hand, the recognition of the intellectual nature of the work carried out by engineering companies and, on the other, the high capacity, credibility and high experience of its associates, who develop services that affect the health, safety and well-being of society as a whole.
In 1964, TECNIBERIA was created, an association of national engineering and consultancy companies, whose most relevant objective was to project Spanish engineering abroad and open the doors to Spanish companies in other markets, especially Latin America.
In 1975, ASINCE was created, an association of independent engineering companies, with territorial representation. Two years later, the Employers’ Association of Spanish Engineering Companies (ASEINCO) was born.
In 1987 TECNIBERIA merged with ASEINCO and went on to negotiate the National Collective Agreement for Engineering, Consulting and Technical Studies Companies.
In 2002, TECNIBERIA and ASINCE merged, giving rise to the national association with territorial representation that integrates the four major branches of engineering: civil, industrial and energy, environmental and building.
After various changes in the structure, TECNIBERIA/ASINCE became TECNIBERIA, a Spanish association of engineering, consultancy and technological services companies, a national employer in the Engineering sector, with sectoral organization through the Civil, Industry and Energy, Environmental Commissions. Environment, Building and Urban Planning and Technological Services) and transversal structure in Committees, among which International, Innovation and Training stand out.
Presence in other Associations
EFCA (European Federation of National Associations of Engineering Companies)
EFCA is the European Federation of Engineering Consulting Associations. The only federation that represents the engineering consultancy sector in Europe. It was founded in 1992, with headquarters in Brussels and currently has integrated associations from 29 European countries, representing more than 10,000 companies and more than one million professionals in engineering and related services.
EFCA's mission is to promote the engineering sector in Europe and represent it before the European institutions. EFCA works to influence EU legislation on matters that affect the sector and seek to achieve common European objectives, such as the promotion of fair competition and transparent contracting rules.
TECNIBERIA has been a member since 1992, currently holding a position within the EFCA Board of Directors.
FEPAC (Pan American Federation of Consultants)
FEPAC is the Pan-American Federation of Consultants, created in 1971 under the name FELAC, a Latin American federation that became Pan-American in 1993.
It currently brings together, as full members, the National Associations of Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, El Salvador, Spain, Honduras, Mexico, Paraguay, Peru, Portugal and Venezuela.
FEPAC is internationally recognized as a representative of the consultancy of the Americas, participating in the forums where the policies and procedures that influence the activities of the sector are defined.
TECNIBERIA has been a member since 2000, currently the Association is represented in the Executive Committee of FEPAC.
The International Federation of Consulting Engineers (FIDIC)
The International Federation of Consulting Engineers represents the international interests of National Associations of Engineering Firms. It was founded in 1913 and currently represents 97 Associations, with a total of one million professionals on staff in associated companies.
FIDIC publishes the Standard Contract Models for construction, turnkey projects and works, and the Simple Procurement Model. On the other hand, it organizes conferences, seminars in which future trends in engineering and relevant issues for the activity of the sector are addressed.
TECNIBERIA has the exclusive representation for the distribution of standard contract publications in Spanish. Likewise, the professionals of the TECNIBERIA companies actively collaborate in different FIDIC work committees to share the problems of the sector and the search for solutions.
TECNIBERIA has been a member since 1993, currently TECNIBERIA holds representation in the vice-presidency of FIDIC.
Spanish Confederation of Business Organizations
Since its creation in 1977, CEOE represents and defends the interests of Spanish businessmen. It integrates, on a voluntary basis, most of the companies and freelancers of any size and sector of activity through its grassroots associations, which make up a network of 240 business organizations.
CEOE is the main interlocutor for companies in Spain before the Government, State agencies, trade unions, political parties and international institutions. In Europe, CEOE is an active part of BUSINESSEUROPE, which brings together business associations from all over the continent.
TECNIBERIA has been a member since 1980 and actively participates in different commissions and working committees of the CEOE, and is currently a member of its Board of Directors.
We present you the digital version of the 2022 Business Yearbook «Portfolio of Spanish Engineering Capabilities». TECNIBERIA, as an employer in the sector, and in line with its objective of promoting Engineering and highlighting the activity of associated companies, has carried out this Business Yearbook to collect information on the trajectory, activities, outstanding projects and contact details of each of the associated companies.